Work-Related Stress Week
The stakes are high, at work and/or at home as well. Can you indicate your limits, can you even find solutions, can you share your worries with others? It’s important to develop a certain level of resilience in order to relax after a stressful period of time. Do you know how to do that? Do you have enough job satisfaction or are you under too much pressure? And how to increase/ reduce the one or the other to reach a balance?
How do you recover after peak?
It’s important to know about your own situation.
- Tense and tired: survival mode
- Energetic and focused: high output
- No focus and frustration: zombie mode
- Fairly relaxed and open for suggestions: recovery mode
A quick recovery after a peak period is the ideal situation as you will need some relaxation in order to confront another busy period.
Tips for relaxing at work after a peak:
- Ask a colleague to join you for a walk
- Get coffee on a different floor
- Take a few deep breaths
- Switch to a task that requires a different kind of energy
- Take a short break to listen to music
What should i do now?
Ask yourself the following question a few times, but place the emphasis on a different word each time. That way, the meaning changes and you can better understand why you feel under pressure.